Zucchini Bread (Gluten-free + Vegan)
All you need to make zucchini bread are your staple baking ingredients, a zucchini and an oven!
You’ll have a moist bread with a tender crust, flavoured with subtle hints of cardamom and cinnamon.
You can either leave it as a plain breakfast bread or make it into a desert cake by adding cocoa powder, chocolate chips and a vanilla glaze.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- Shred 1 medium zucchini and using a fine mesh strainer or a dish cloth, squeeze out the liquid (try and remove as much moisture from the zucchini as possible).
- Sift the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and cardamom together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the soy milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup into the bowl and mix well.
- Lastly, add the grated zucchini and fold the batter until thoroughly combined. You can even add in some walnuts, raisins or chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Let it cool for 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and let it cool completely. Slice and serve.