Vegan French Toast Roll-UPS
Going Vegan doesn’t mean you’ll have to give up a classic breakfast dish.
Our French toast recipe won’t require eggs, and it certainly won’t require dairy.
So, sweeten up your morning breakfast with these French toast roll-ups that let you get creative with the filling. Load them up with chocolate, fruits, nut butter, vegan cream cheese, or anything you’d like!
- 1 cup soy milk or any plant milk
- ¼ cup custard powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar / beet sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 bread slices
- Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin and slice off the crusts.
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk together the soy milk, custard powder, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Spread desired filling on each slice of bread. (You can add peanut butter, vegan cream cheese, strawberries, banana or any other fruit.)
- Tightly roll up the slice.
- Dip each roll-up in the milk mixture and pan fry on a skillet greased with oil or vegan butter. Cook until all sides are golden brown for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Top with maple syrup and powdered sugar, if desired.