Vegan Coconut Biscuit
Crisp around the edges with a moist centre, these coconut biscuits are best relished with a cup of tea or coffee! The desiccated coconut gives a chewy texture and a nutty aroma that sets them apart from the rest of the cookies.If you don’t prefer a chunky biscuit, you can make them with fine coconut powder – you’ll still have rich coconut flavoured biscuits. Made with only a handful of ingredients and with minimum effort, be sure to whip up a batch for your next tea party!
INGREDIENTS : –
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 4-5 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS : –
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, cardamom powder and baking powder.
- Add the oil, milk, and vanilla extract and whisk to form a lump-free dough.
- Mix in the desiccated coconut as it is or pulse a few times in a blender for a less chunky biscuit.
- Knead the dough to make it softer. You can also add a bit more milk to keep the dough together.
- Preheated the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and flatten it on a greased baking tray. Repeat for the rest of the dough, making sure to leave a 3-inch space between the cookies.
- If desired, sprinkle coconut shavings on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the bottom and edges of the cookies turn lightly golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool and firm up before serving.