Quinoa Brownies (Gluten-free + Vegan)
A fudgy brownie is everyone’s favourite indulgent, and swapping quinoa with regular flour makes it a whole lot healthier and guilt-free.
These gluten-free brownies can easily be made sugar-free as well. Just swap the sugar with equal parts of maple syrup (you can also use any other sweetener of choice).
In this recipe, we’ve blended the quinoa to a smooth paste to make the brownies fudgy and moist. You can also just add the boiled quinoa as is to the batter for a chunky brownie.
- 1 ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp instant coffee (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup almond milk (or any plant milk)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water ; let it sit for 10 minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add the cooked quinoa and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients & continue to blend until well-combined.
- Transfer the brownie batter to a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Allow the brownies to completely cool down before removing from the pan. Cut into squares and serve.