Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte (Vegan)
Matcha lattes can be made hot or cold, they’re refreshing and a perfect “pick-me-up” drink that we all so often require. Matcha is ground up green tea leaves, and we’re all familiar with the range of health benefits that green tea provides.
Made within a couple of minutes with 5 key ingredients, this iced matcha latte can be made at home and costs a fraction of the price you would have paid at a coffee shop!
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 250ml cold plant-based milk
- Ice cubes
INSTRUCTIONS : –
- To a cup, add matcha powder and hot water. Using a bamboo whisk or a regular whisk, whisk until the powder is dissolved and a runny paste is formed.
- Add the vanilla extract and sweetener and whisk until well combined. Place the matcha in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Using a frother or a blender, froth the milk for 20-30 seconds.
- Add ice cubes to a tall glass and pour the matcha.
Finally, pour the frothy milk and top with a pinch of matcha powder and cinnamon. You can also top with whipped cream, if desired.