Hazelnut Hot Chocolate (From scratch)
Making hazelnut milk from scratch and then into hot chocolate could not be simpler!
Although there are a range of nut milk, there isn’t anything like hazelnut milk that is silky, sweet and with slight notes of earthy and bitterness. The only thing that beats drinking hazelnut milk, is drinking hot chocolate that tastes like a hazelnut chocolate bar! Luscious hot chocolate is the ideal feel-good beverage, here’s how to make hazelnut hot chocolate from scratch :
- 1 cup raw shelled hazelnut
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sugar
- 50g vegan chocolate
- Soak hazelnuts overnight in a bowl of cold water.
Transfer the soaked hazelnuts to a blender and blend until smooth, white and creamy.
- Using a cheese cloth or a nut milk bag, strain the hazelnut milk and squeeze out as much as possible from the hazelnut pulp.
- Add the hazelnut milk to a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and add pieces of chocolate. Whisk to dissolve the chocolate.
- Pour into a mug and add maple syrup. Top with whipped cream and grated chocolate, if desired.