Vegan Ramen Bowl
Spoiler alert! Vegan ramen bowls are just as delectable as your typical non-veg ramen bowls!
A bowl of ramen consists of 4 components – broth, noodles, seasoning and toppings.
This can quite easily be made vegan while perfectly replicating the myriad flavours and textures.
We’ve written up a fool-proof recipe that is not only wholesome and easy to make, but is also comfort-food at its finest!
Warm up your body with this belly-filling vegan ramen soup bowl!
- 200g vegan ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 pods garlic, finely chopped
- 3-inch ginger, grated
- 2 onions, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 10-12 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 200g tofu, cut into slabs
- 1/2 cup bokchoy, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into fine matchsticks
- 2 tsp crushed peanuts
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Heat sesame oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and bokchoy. Sauté until the mushrooms turn tender and the bokchoy starts to wilt.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and stir in the soy sauce, miso paste, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add the ramen noodles. Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
- To grill the tofu, gently press down the tofu with a paper towel to drain out the excess liquid. Heat an electric grill or a charcoal grill over medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Place the tofu slabs and grill on both sides until well browned and crisp.
- Ladle the broth and noodles into a bowl and place the grilled tofu slabs and carrot sticks. Garnish with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds and sriracha. Serve immediately.