Vegan Coffee Custard
What’s better than coffee and dessert? Coffee in your dessert!
This creamy, delicate yet bold coffee custard is truly irresistible and one that can bewhipped up fuss-free in your kitchen in no time.
Rich flavours and silky texture, this dessert is a classic and a way to get to coffee heaven!
Enjoy coffee on a spoon with this 15 minutes, stupidly-simple custard recipe!
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 cup coconut cream or soy cream
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
(For the topping)
- 1/2 cup cold brew concentrate
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Coffee powder as required
- To a pot, add the milk, cream, cornstarch, maple syrup, coffee powder and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture until lump-free.
- Place the pot on a stove and turn to medium heat. Stir continuously for 3-5 minutes or until it thickens into a creamy custard.
- When it almost reaches your desired consistency, turn off the heat, and keep stirring for another minute while it continues to thicken.
- Transfer the custard to a serving dish, cover with a lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Top with cold brew concentrate and whipped cream. Garnish with coffee powder and serve immediately.