Thin Crust Vegan Pizza Dough
A big bowl, a handful of ingredients, a little bit of kneading and alot of rest time – the perfect vegan pizza can now be made in the comfort of your own home!
This semi-cooked pizza base is one that you should surely keep on hand for when you’re feeling indulgent and want a slice of Italian goodness! Just load them up with your favourite topping and bake away!
Here’s how to make this ready-to-bake thin crush vegan pizza dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped (optional)
- Combine warm water and yeast in a bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and set aside for 5 minutes.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, sweetener, herbs and the yeast-water mixture.
- Knead into a soft dough. If the dough remains sticky, add flour and continue to knead until smooth.
- Rub the ball of dough with oil and cover the bowl with a wet muslin cloth and set aside for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide into 2 equal portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into 12-inch discs. Prick each circle evenly using a fork.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 5 minutes or until firm and lightly crisp. (Note – The pizza base is not completely cooked. It will be thoroughly baked when the pizza topping is added and baked again.)