Spicy Peanut Sauce
If you’re a huge fan of peanut butter, then we’re pleased to introduce you to its fiery friend – the spicy peanut sauce!
A versatile sauce that is perfect as a salad dressing, dipping sauce or as a glaze.
Drizzle it over your sautéed veggies, or use it while grilling or in your stir-fry.
This sauce is flavour-dense with an instant umami hit. And although this sauce is predominantly sweet with sharp notes of tang, customise it with your favourite flavours and make it your own!
Here’s how to make the creamiest peanut sauce under 10 minutes:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp hot sauce or sriracha
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat sesame oil in a small pot over medium heat.
- Add the peanut butter and stir in the water in parts to form a smooth mixture.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly combined.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to thicken. (If desired, add more water for a thinner sauce consistency.) Best served immediately as a dip or a dressing.