DIY Herbal Tea Blend
Made from the decoction of dried herbs and other plant material, herbal teas are well worth incorporating into your diet because of its wide range of health benefits, tastes and flavours.
Most herbal teas are caffeine-free and can be made with an array of dried flowers, fruits, spices and herbs.
When made with the right ingredients and methods, and consumed in moderation, these teas possess medicinal properties that improves the body systems such as digestive and immune.
It’s soothing and can help you unwind, making it a perfect addition to your self-care ritual.
- 2 tbsp lemon balm
- 2 tbsp tulsi
- 2 tbsp celery leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 2 tbsp lavender leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon grass, chopped
- Orange or lemon peels (optional)
- Set the leaves on a towel in a single layer and let them wilt under the sun for 45 minutes.
- Bring the leaves inside and let them sit at room temperature for a few hours.
- Mix all the ingredients together and transfer to a jar with an air-tight lid.
- To make tea, bring a cup of boiling water to boil and add a teaspoon of tea blend. Let it steep for 10-15 minutes before straining into a mug.