Temppay (Tempeh) Yellow Curry
Craving Thai food? We heard you loud and clear! This coconut-based Thai curry is hearty, aromatic, and just the right amount of spicy. Pair it with some jasmine rice or sticky rice for the perfect combo!
- 200gm Tempeh (Hello Tempayy)
- 2 tsp Thai curry powder
- 4 tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 green chilly
- 2-inch galangal
- 1 strand lemongrass
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Marinate a 200gm pack of Hello Tempayy natural Tempeh cubes with a little salt, curry powder, and oil for 10 mins. Sauté in a pan with little oil till golden brown and keep aside.
- Make a fresh paste using one chili, a strand of lemongrass, and 2 inches galangal, and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan, add 4 tsp of yellow curry paste and cook for 05 mins. Add 2 cups of water and kaffir lime leaves and let it simmer for 08 mins.
- Once it starts to boil, add the fresh paste and cook for another 8 mins.
- Mix 1 tsp cornflour with 200 ml coconut milk. Once the curry has boiled for 5 mins, add the coconut milk and stir continuously for a few minutes more. Add Tempayy cubes and cook for 7 -8 mins. Switch off the gas.