Sweet & Sour Pineapple Sauce
From drizzling it over your salad to adding it in your stir-fries or using it as a dipping sauce, there are just so many ways you can enjoy this simple yet versatile sauce!
Made from fresh pineapples and an assortment of sweet, spicy and sour ingredients, this sauce is sure to give an explosive kick to your dish.
You can mix in a variety of spices from black salt, crushed pepper, cumin and cinnamon.
Here’s how to make this sweet & sour pineapple sauce from scratch:
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar or 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- A pinch of salt
- Prepare the cornstarch slurry by mixing cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To a blender, add the pineapple and water. Process until smooth.
- Pour the pineapple juice through a fine mesh strainer into a pot.
- Place the pot on a stove and bring the pineapple juice to a simmer.
- Stir in the cornstarch slurry along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool completely before serving.